The Aurora Input Series is a modern take on the classic custom keyboard design. It features slim bezels and iconic 'handles', and improves on a number of aspects to bring the aesthetic many of us love to a whole new level.
While the case consists of a top and bottom piece milled from aluminium, it carefully hides the seam where these parts meet on its back and bottom sides, resulting in a gorgeous look all around. The typing angle is 8 degrees.
The bottom part of the case holds a massive weight in place which clocks in at around 1.5 kilograms. It is machined from a solid block of stainless steel and finished off by bead-blasting its surface.
The internal part of the keyboard is kept clean. A canal guides the cable to the USB-C daughter board at the back of the device. The inside surface of the bottom piece features the logos of Salvun, who will be producing the keyboard in Belgium, as well as Zambumon, who created the production files based on design sketches provided by Oblotzky and gave input on the keyboard to further improve it.
Plate & PCB
The plate, being 1.5mm thick, has a six-point mounting system and uses leaf springs for flexibility. ANSI and ISO layouts are also separated into two available variants so as to not jeopardize the integrity of the plate. The PCB, which is being provided by wilba.tech, is universal and covers both layouts.
The available colors for the case will be black and silver, while the two plate variants will each be offered in bead-blasted brass as well as black and silver anodized aluminium
Pricing is to be determined, it will however be different for EU and non-EU customers to account for VAT. All keyboards will be shipped from Germany.
A limited pre-order of 100 units will take place in the upcoming months. Spots will be assigned using a raffle.
- Material: Aluminium case, Stainless Steel weight, Brass or Aluminium plate
- Colors: Black and Silver
- Layout: 65% with both ANSI and ISO variants available
- Typing angle: 8°
- Width: 314.75mm
- Depth: 110.80mm
- Height: 19.57mm (front), 35.00mm (back)
- Weight: Approximately 2.25kg, depending on configuration
- Plate mounting style: 6-point top mount leaf spring
- Interface: USB-C
- Electronics: WT65-G PCB designed by wilba.tech, QMK compatible and fully programmable with VIA configurator
- Availability: 100 units, pre-order raffle at the end of the year
- Price: To be announced
- Ships in 2021 from Germany
- Designed by Oblotzky and Zambumon, in collaboration with Salvun and Wilba